- Share views and agree on scope and depth of sharing growing streams of data and the development of open API spec
- Tap into and connect with OPIN's curated startup ecosystem
- Inspiration and partnerships with non-financial industries working with OPIN
- Research, insights and impact assessment on data access, ecosystems, customer interface and more
- Jumpstart internal innovation management with a host of projects
- Closeup view of how ecosystems are impacting the insurance industry
- Co-develop response to global regulatory and policymaking calls-for-comment/input impacting access to data
- Work alongside insurers and experiment in cross-industry projects developing proof of concepts and MVPs
- Explore inward and outward ecosystem partnerships to accelerate the path from raw ideas to scale and sustainability
Data is at the Center
- Address core working assumptions for the breadth and context of the data scope and data definitions
- Generate better overall understanding of data that is useful to customers and data that could be disclosed as open data within the boundaries of a voluntary industry-led initiative
- Explore legal and regulatory challenges shaping access to customer's data,
- Future proof a standard that is aligned and interoperable with other data initiatives and fosters reciprocity of shared access to data.
An exploration resulting from an ongoing project with automotive partners. It sheds some light into opportunities and challenges of Open Insurance interacting directly with event data from connected cars.
New study for open innovation lab members
The idea is simple, instead of locking an insurer into a monolithic core insurance stack with hard-coded integrations, composable insurance optimizes for speed, agility and freedom.
A research paper exploring this emerging trend.
Latest research and consultations produced by the OPIN working groups
Response to EIOPA Consultation
Members at the OPIN think Tank have deliberated and formulated their response.
Learn about Open Insurance
OPIN INNOVATION ENVIRONMENTS
Standards design, customer journey development, explore insurer and OEM connectivity, MVPs and PoCs.
Explore data sharing regulations, pricing, automated underwriting and integrated risks. Anticipate and shape the future!
API wrappers, parametric indices, data provenance and access, smart contract connection and algorithmic insurance.
Italy Working Group
Contribute to the understanding and development of open insurance, it will develop innovative, collaborative, InsurTech labs to focus on the needs of the community in Italy.
OPIN is changing the game
OPIN works across a wide range of technical and commercial domains combining our core purpose of delivering interoperability with a commitment to open innovation.
We anticipate, respond, create and prepare the industry for open-ended transformation.
We bring inspiring and informative content to thousands of people per month.